Salamanca Market July 3, 2021

Thankfully it was a mild winter’s day today and the 40% chance of forecasted rain decided to opt on the 60% side of the equation. The Melbournian lockdown status has just lifted and there were quite a few people that took advantage of it. One family, her being originally from Tassie, came to visit family. They purchased a “Sea Life” print.

Sea Life

A first time visitor to Tassie, returning to Melbourne tonight, purchased An A-3 sized print of “Goldilocks and the 20 Penguins” and “The Bun”. She said that she loves Tasmania. 🙂

Goldilocks and the 20 Penguins. This was a popular print today as I sold out of the A-3 size. I should have packed more!!
“The Bun”

The Yellow-tailed black cockatoo has a short crown and when the others are flaunting their long, lush crowns, it takes it can take a toll on their self-esteem. I’ve helped them out by giving them hairdos that turns heads.

Another couple that were leaving tonight, were from Invermay, NSW. They purchased “Who, Who, Who are You? II and so did a lady at the very end of the day, while I was packing up, she ordered an A-2 size of the same print to go to Geelong, Victoria. The A-3 sized prints of Who, Who, Who are You? II is getting close to the end of its Limited Edition print run.

Who, Who, Who are You? II

A couple from Lake Macquarie or Awaba in New South Wales (NSW), Australia’s largest coastal salt water lake, https://www.aussietowns.com.au/town/lake-macquarie-nsw, where I have lived for a few years, bought A-3 sized prints of “Salamanca Saturdays” and “Salamanca Fresh”.

Salamanca Fresh

A mother from Cairns, and daughter from Brisbane, bought a “Silent Disco” print. They were on their way to Bicheno specifically to see the Fairy penguins come ashore.

Fairy Penguins enjoying a Silent Disco

A young couple bought a fairy wren greeting card for his mother that lives in Kettering, Tasmania. https://www.aussietowns.com.au/town/kettering-tas . The driveway is getting too steep for her so she is moving. She gets heaps of wrens, cockatoos and eagles where she lives and will miss the birds terribly.

Double Date IV

I met a lady from Bellingen, NSW. Silk and Cotton, in Bellingen, sell my greeting cards in their lovely shop. https://silkandcotton.com.au/

The Festival of Voices is on during the upcoming week. I enjoyed an evening at the Vinyl Lounge last night and next Friday I will be enjoying another musical event at the Theatre Royal.

Until then, take good care of yourselves.

Cheers, from Patricia (PJ)

P.S. all the prints featured in this blog post are available at http://www.pjpaintings.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s